Tuesday, February 16, 2010

feel good films for february

Spring is right around the corner, and I don't know about you, but winter is really raining on my parade. Here are some films that put a smile on my face and remind me that summer is coming!


Vicky Christina Barcelona. Warm and romantic, this is the best film to spend the afternoon watching with a glass of wine in hand.


500 Days of Summer. Tragic maybe, but an uplifting message delivered by an adorable Zooey Dashanel make it a spring time best.


Julie & Julia. I avoided this movie until recently because of it's chick-flicky-block-busterness, but it really was lovely, charming, and inspiring, and Meryl Streep was totally fantastic.


Georgia Rule. I know...Lindsay Lohan? Really? I assure you, this role was PERFECT for her. Although it could be the last good role we ever see her play (the other as Caddy in Mean Girls by the fantastic Tina Fey), fortunately for the sake of this film LiLo was at the top her crazy bitch A-Game. Co-starring Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman, the three women deliver a heart wrenching yet inspiring and funny story about mother/daughter-hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment